The Papa Murphy’s franchise group in Medford turned to Charlton Marketing in need of a strategy to maintain sales amidst growing competition.
Utilizing Broad-Reach Mediums Increases Year Over Year Sales Comps
A favorite for decades in the Pacific Northwest, Papa Murphy’s offers a unique approach to pizza: they assemble, you bake.
While the take-and-bake model sets Papa Murphy’s apart, it also means competition from frozen pizza brands like DiGiornio, traditional delivery chains like Domino’s and Papa John’s, and non-pizza concepts utilizing third-party delivery companies like DoorDash and GrubHub.
This fight for market share is a constant battle, the Papa Murphy’s franchise group in Medford turned to Charlton Marketing to help maintain sales and mindshare, while increasing transactions among an audience with an increasing amount of choices for fresh, convenient, and affordable dining.
Increase YOY transactions and sales, while raising awareness of new limited-offering pizzas.
Offset increased competition from new players in the delivery space.
Utilize broad-reach mediums to achieve significant reach and heavy frequency amongst Papa Murphy’s target audience of adults 25+.
- Select programming with strong ratings
- Negotiate for higher cost efficiency
- Achieve minimum of 15% added value in the form of no-charge spots
- Establish a strong presence in News programming, Prime access, and Prime
- The Bachelor, Survivor
- America’s Got Talent, American Idol, Masked Singer
- Golden Globes, Academy Awards
- NFL Playoffs
- This is Us, Grey’s Anatomy
- Target using zip codes
- Select premium networks/content providers
- Travel Channel
- History Channel
Jan – June (2020)
- TV Reach: 99%
- TV Frequency: 29
- OTT Impressions: 141,760
- OTT VCR: 97%
- Added Value: 800 no charge spots
- Added Value: $20,275
YOY Sales Comps: 14% YOY increase